These baked scallops are perfect for dinner and go great with pasta. This is my first time working with scallops so I was a little nervous as to how they would turn out, but the end result was satisfying. However, I do wish I had access to fresh scallops as the frozen ones are not nearly as good. This recipe uses bay scallops which are smaller and sweeter than sea scallops. The cooking process is very simple, the scallops are topped with a breadcrumb mixture and then baked in the oven. If you are wondering about the noodles in the picture, they are simply linguini tossed with alfredo sauce and topped with Italian parsley. Enjoy.
(Makes 4 Servings)Print
- 1 1/2lbs bay scallops (rinsed and drained)
- 4 tablespoons butter (melted)
- ½ cup seasoned dry breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Pour the melted butter into the bottom of a 2-quart casserole dish. Distribute scallops evenly over the butter in the dish.
- In a medium bowl combine bread crumbs, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, parsley, minced garlic, and parmesan cheese.
- Sprinkle the breadcrumb mixture evenly over the scallops. Place into the oven and bake until scallops are firm (about 20 minutes).