These are just like the Wonton Taco’s from Applebee’s appetizer menu. These tacos consist of stir-fried chicken, coleslaw, red onion, green onion, and cilantro. The best part about these tacos is the chicken. The chicken is marinated and stir fried in a teriyaki sauce, soy sauce, stir fry sauce, and sesame dressing mixture. This combination goes together extremely well. The coleslaw is tossed with additional sesame dressing. The hardest part about this recipe is frying the wonton wrappers. It can be a little tricky and it is something you will want to do last. If you don’t want to mess around with the wontons the chicken goes great over rice. This makes a great appetizer. Enjoy.
- 1lb boneless skinless chicken breasts (sliced into small chunks)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons stir fry sauce
- 8 tablespoons Asian toasted sesame dressing
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 1 cup coleslaw mix
- 2 tablespoons Asian toasted sesame dressing
- 10 wonton wrappers
- oil (for frying)
- 4 tablespoons green onions (sliced)
- 4 tablespoons cilantro (chopped)
- 4 tablespoons red onion (diced)
- In a bowl or sealable plastic bag. Combine stir fry sauce, Asian toasted sesame dressing, soy sauce, and teriyaki sauce. Add chicken and mix well with the sauce. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
In a medium bowl toss coleslaw mix with 2 tablespoons of Asian sesame dressing. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a wok over high heat. Add chicken with the marinade and stir fry until the chicken is fully cooked. Remove from the wok and transfer to a bowl. Add about 1/2 inch of oil to the wok over medium-high. Fold the wonton wrappers into a triangle formation but do not seal. Place into the hot oil and fry until golden brown on one side. Turn once and fry until golden brown on the other side. Drain on paper towels.
- To make tacos- place a small amount of the chicken mixture into the bottom of the fried wonton. Top with coleslaw mixture, green onion, cilantro, and red onion