This is a very basic recipe for banana muffins that is absolutely delicious. If you enjoy banana bread you will love this recipe. The greatest part about these muffins is the streusel, it goes perfect with banana. These are very easy to make and take such little time; you only have to bake them for about 18-20 minutes. It is important to check them after about 15 minutes to make sure you don’t over bake them. If you want to add something extra to the recipes, you could throw in some nuts or chocolate chips. If you are looking for an amazing tasting muffins recipe, give this one a try. Enjoy.
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 bananas (mashed)
- ¾ cup white sugar
- 1 egg (lightly beaten)
- 1/3 cup butter (melted)
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees and grease 10 muffin cups (or line with muffin papers). In a large bowl mix 1 ½ cups flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl beat together bananas, sugar, egg, and melted butter. Stir banana mixture into the flour mixture just until moist and combined. Spoon batter into prepared muffins cups.
- To make streusel- in a small bowl mix brown sugar, 2 tablespoons flour, and ground cinnamon. Cut in 1 tablespoon of butter until mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle streusel over the top of the muffins.
- Place into the oven and bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.