Tonight I decided to go back to my grilling ways with BBQ Chicken Pizza. I have seen this type of pizza at a few places and it seems to be pretty popular. After all, chicken, barbecue sauce, cheese, and red onions are a great combination! You can basically make a pizza out of almost any dish and I’m always on the lookout for creative ideas. Unfortunately, somehow I accidentally deleted about ¾ of the pictures I took off of my camera so there are no step-by-step photos. You can either use a store bought crust and maybe tweak it to your tastes or make your own altogether. This is very easy to make and absolutely delicious. Try and get some good BBQ sauce because it makes a big difference in flavor. Enjoy.
- 1 store-bought or homemade pizza crust
- ½ cup barbeque sauce
- ¾ teaspoon honey
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast (grilled)
- 1 small red onion (sliced)
- ½ cup grated gouda cheese
- ½ cup grated mozzarella cheese
- Grill Chicken breasts until fully cooked and cut into small strips. Set aside. In a bowl mix together honey and barbeque sauce. Set aside.
- Prepare pizza crust and press down and shape onto a pizza pan. Top dough with barbecue sauce and spread evenly over the crust. Top the sauce with a layer of Gouda and mozzarella cheeses. Then add sliced chicken and red onions on top of the cheeses.
- Bake in the oven at 485 for about 10 minutes or until crust is browned.