Tonight I decided to go back to my grilling ways with BBQ Chicken Pizza. I have seen this type of pizza at a few places and it seems to be pretty popular. After all, chicken, barbecue sauce, cheese, and red onions are a great combination! You can basically make a pizza out of almost any dish and I’m always on the lookout for creative ideas. Unfortunately, somehow I accidentally deleted about ¾ of the pictures I took off of my camera so there are no step-by-step photos. You can either use a store bought crust and maybe tweak it to your tastes or make your own altogether. This is very easy to make and absolutely delicious. Try and get some good BBQ sauce because it makes a big difference in flavor. Enjoy.
BBQ Chicken Pizza Recipe
- 1 store-bought or homemade pizza crust
- ½ cup barbeque sauce
- ¾ teaspoon honey
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast (grilled)
- 1 small red onion (sliced)
- ½ cup grated gouda cheese
- ½ cup grated mozzarella cheese
- Grill Chicken breasts until fully cooked and cut into small strips. Set aside. In a bowl mix together honey and barbeque sauce. Set aside.
- Prepare pizza crust and press down and shape onto a pizza pan. Top dough with barbecue sauce and spread evenly over the crust. Top the sauce with a layer of Gouda and mozzarella cheeses. Then add sliced chicken and red onions on top of the cheeses.
- Bake in the oven at 485 for about 10 minutes or until crust is browned.
Monday 1st of February 2010
Jessica - You could just use all mozzarella cheese
Monday 1st of February 2010
Hi, I have never tasted gouda cheese before and I am kinda apprehensive about trying it :)... can another cheese be substituted for this?
Saturday 5th of September 2009
Hey Bobby, I made this pizza about a week ago. I do not currently have a grill so I actually sort of stir-fried the chicken with a little bit of sesame oil (did not have veg oil, haha), and added some Nature's seasoning. I used sweet baby ray's BBQ sauce and boboli crust. It was fantastic, and actually, believe it or not, the slight hint of sesame oil flavor made it that much better. In fact, I'll cook it just like that next time too. :)
(Btw, I only used about 1/2 tsp sesame oil in the pan, just enough to prevent sticking)
Wednesday 8th of July 2009
I just made a BBQ chicken pizza and for the sauce, we mixed 1/2 BBQ and 1/2 Catalina dressing. It was sweet and tangy and PERFECT for the pizza. We did about 1/2 and 1/2 but just mix to your own taste.
Tuesday 23rd of September 2008
I have really been into grilling pizza directly on the grill lately. The kids love to be able to put their own toppings on the pizza and watch it cook. This is a great recipe for the grill since I can just grill the chicken (and onion for that matter) first and then put the dough on to grill. Thanks for sharing, love the site and your photos are awesome.