Beers brats are perfect for cook outs and mainly, tailgating. These brats are first simmered in beer and butter and then grilled to perfection. Try to find some good fresh ground bratwurst if you can. These will be a lot fresher and have a better flavor overall. This recipe is fairly easy, you will want to pierce the bratwurst to keep them from exploding while they simmer. This is another great recipe for football season. Enjoy.
(Makes 10 servings)Print
- 2lbs bratwurst sausages
- 2 onions (thinly sliced)
- 1 cup butter
- 6 (12-ounce cans of beer)
- 1 ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 10 hoagie rolls
- Prick bratwurst with a fork to prevent them from exploding as they simmer. In a large pot add bratwurst, combine beer, butter, and onions. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes. Remove from the pan with a slotted spoon.
- Lightly oil the grill grate. Heat the grill to medium-high heat. Place bratwurst onto the grill and grill for 10-14 minutes, turning occasionally until browned on all sides.
- Place bratwurst into the hoagie rolls and top with onions.