Buffalo chicken tacos are an interesting combination of boneless Buffalo wings and tacos. Breaded chicken is deep fried and then tossed with hot sauce and butter. You can adjust the amount of heat by the spiciness of the hot sauce you use. I used frank’s red hot and needless to say, these were pretty hot. These tacos are topped with lettuce, tomato, cheddar cheese, and blue cheese dressing. This does require a little work breading and frying the chicken but that’s about it. This is another great game day recipe. Enjoy.
(Makes 4 Servings)
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts (sliced into 1-inch chunks”
- oil (for deep frying)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ¼ teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 package small flour tortillas
- romaine lettuce (sliced)
- roma tomatoes (chopped)
- shredded cheddar cheese
- blue cheese dressing
- Heat oil in a deep fryer to 375 degrees. In a large bowl combine flour, black pepper, salt, and garlic powder. In a medium bowl beat together the eggs and milk. First, roll the chicken pieces in the flour mixture, then dip into the egg mixture and roll the chicken bits once more in the flour mixture until well coated.
- Deep fry breaded chicken bits in batches at 375 degrees for about 5 minutes per batch or until chicken is fully cooked. Drain on paper towels.
- While chicken is frying, in a small saucepan over low heat add hot sauce and butter. Cook until the butter has melted and is combined with the hot sauce. In a large bowl toss the chicken bits with hot sauce until fully coated.
- to make tacos- place a few buffalo chicken pieces onto the bottom of a flour tortilla. Top with lettuce, tomato, cheddar cheese, and blue cheese.