Pan-fried blackened shrimp are sure to take your nachos to the next level. These blackened shrimp nachos are perfect to prepare for game day. The shrimp are coated with homemade blackened seasoning and then fried in the pan. The nachos are topped with Mexican cheese blend, pico de gallo, crema, lettuce, the blackened shrimp and green onion. If you want to up the heat a little, you can add some hot sauce to these nachos. Enjoy.
- Blackened seasoning-
- ¾ teaspoon paprika
- ½ tablespoon garlic powder
- ½ tablespoon onion powder
- ½ tablespoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- Pico De Gallo-
- 4 plum tomatoes (seeded and diced)
- 1 small white onion (finely chopped)
- 2–3 jalapeño peppers (seeded and chopped)
- ½ cup fresh cilantro (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- salt (to taste)
- 1lb raw medium shrimp (peeled and deveined with tails removed)
- Vegetable oil (for frying)
- 1 bag tortilla chips
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- ½ cup Mexican crema
- 3 green onions (sliced)
- In a small bowl combine all of the ingredients for the blackened seasoning. Mix well and set aside.
- In a bowl combine tomato, onion, peppers, and cilantro. Add lime juice and salt. Mix well. Cover and refrigerate until needed.
- Heat a little bit of vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season the shrimp with the blackened seasoning. Add the shrimp and sauté for 5-8 minutes, turning occasionally, until fully cooked.
- Layout of the tortilla chips on a large baking sheet or individual microwave-safe plates. Top the tortilla chips evenly with the shredded cheese. If you are using a baking sheet place into the oven and bake at 350 degrees F. until the cheese has melted. If you are using a plate, you can microwave it until the cheese melts.
- Top with pico del gallo, crema, lettuce, shrimp and green onion.