These bratwurst with honey mustard broccoli slaw are great to serve for gameday. The brats can be grilled or cooked on the stovetop. I like to simmer them in beer and then place them onto the grill for a few minutes to brown. The broccoli slaw is simply broccoli slaw mix with a homemade honey mustard dressing. I like to serve these brats with potato chips. Enjoy.
- 8 bratwurst
- 8 bratwurst buns
- 1 (10 ounce) package broccoli slaw
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- In a large bowl mix Dijon mustard, honey, mayonnaise, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Add the broccoli slaw and mix with the dressing. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Grill the bratwurst over medium-low heat, turning to brown on all sides for about 20 minutes or until fully cooked (the internal temperature has reached 160 degrees F.). (You can also toast the buns by placing them cut-side down onto the grill until lightly toasted).
- Place the brats onto the buns and top with broccoli slaw.