This is another great recipe for buffalo chicken fans. Buffalo chicken dip combines the amazing taste of spicy Buffalo wings with a nice cream cheese oriented dip. I made this for the Super Bowl and it turned out fantastic. This recipe is very simple and only requires mixing and the oven basically does the rest of the work for you. The recipe calls for canned chicken, which is what I used, but I am not sure I can recommend it Freshly cooked chicken would taste much better I think, or even rotisserie chicken. For the hot sauce, you can adjust the amount of heat by the type of hot sauce you get. I personally prefer my dishes on the mild side. This is a great recipe for parties and is sure to get eaten up fast. Enjoy.
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese (softened)
- 1 (10 ounces) can chicken (drained, can also use cooked fresh cubed chicken)
- 1 cup ranch dressing
- ¾ cup red hot sauce
- shredded cheddar cheese (for topping, as much as you want)
- Tortilla chips (scoops, or whatever you prefer)
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees. In a bowl beat cream cheese, ranch dressing, and hot sauce until smooth.
- Fold in chicken. Spray a pie plate with cooking spray and pour the chicken mixture into it.
Place into the oven and bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and add cheddar cheese on top. Bake for an additional 10-15 minutes. Serve hot.