Here is a very popular dish that many of you have probably tried- pizza casserole. This casserole is perfect for the winter season. If you are not familiar with this dish, basically you have cooked noodles mixed with the ingredients of pizza. Next time I make this I think I will layer the cheese and pepperoni instead of just putting one layer on the top. For the noodles, you can really use whatever type of noodles you choose, even spaghetti noodle will work. This also freezes well, for up to 3 months. This casserole makes a great dinner or is the perfect dish to bring to a party. Enjoy.
(Makes 15 servings)Print
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 (26 ounces) jars spaghetti sauce
- 16 ounces rotini pasta, (cooked and drained)
- 5 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (20 oz)
- 8 ounces sliced pepperoni
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees. In a large skillet add oil and heat to medium-high heat. Add ground beef, onion, and garlic. Add Italian seasoning. Cook until the beef is browned. Drain.
- Stir in pasta sauce and 3 cups of cheese into the meat mixture. Place mixture into 2 greased 9×13” baking dishes.
- Sprinkle with the remaining mozzarella cheese and top with pepperoni. *The dish can be covered and frozen at this point if you are freezing.
- If you are cooking it now- Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.