Buffalo wings have quickly become one of the most popular foods in the United States. They are called Buffalo wings because they originated in Buffalo, New York. The wings are first coated with a flour mixture, deep fried and then tossed with a hot sauce. The heat comes from hot sauce and cayenne pepper. You can easily adjust the amount of heat by using mild, medium or hot sauce. If you want to save time you can buy precut wings from the store. These were so good and I found them to be restaurant quality. I think they must have got devoured in a matter of minutes. I would highly recommend these wings as an appetizer for a party or even as part of a meal. Serve with ranch or blue cheese dressing. Enjoy.
(Makes 4 servings)Print
- 10 chicken wings (cut into sections)
- oil (for frying)
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup hot sauce
- 1 dash black pepper
- 1 dash garlic powder
- ½ cup flour
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- In a bowl mix together flour, paprika, cayenne pepper, and salt.
- Place chicken wings in a large bowl and toss with the flour mixture until evenly coated. Cover the dish and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Heat deep fryer to 375 degrees. Fry chicken wings in batches for 10-15 minutes until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- While wings are frying- In a saucepan combine hot sauce, butter, black pepper and garlic powder over medium heat.
- Stir until butter is melted and the sauce is well blended. Remove from heat.
- Place wings in a serving bowl, add the sauce and toss to coat evenly.