Carne asada steak is great for burritos, tacos, and quesadillas. This recipe consists of flank steak that is marinated and then grilled and sliced. The steak gets a lot of flavor from ingredients such as lime juice, vinegar, orange juice, and various seasonings. Pictured is this steak being used in a California burrito which consists of guacamole, sour cream, French fries, and cheese. Enjoy.
- 2.5 Lbs. Flank Steak or Flap Meat
- ¼ Cup Red Wine Vinegar
- ¼ Cup Water
- 2 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Lime Juice
- 2 Tablespoons Orange Juice
- 2 Tablespoons Chopped Cilantro
- 1 Tablespoon Minced Garlic
- ¾ Tablespoons Garlic Salt
- ½ Tablespoon White Pepper
- ½ Tablespoon Cumin
- ½ Tablespoon Chili Powder
- ½ Tablespoon Mexican Oregano
- ⅛ Ground Cloves
- 1 Orange (Sliced)
- Add all of the ingredients except for the steak and orange slices to a medium sized bowl and mix well. Pour the mixture into a ziplock bag.
- Add the steak and shake to coat with the marinade. Add the orange slices directly to the meat, half on the top and half on the bottom. Seal the bag and refrigerate 6 hours or overnight.
- Before grilling remove from the refrigerator up to an hour in advance.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat. Place the steak directly on to a greased grill grate for 10 minutes.
- Flip and grill for an additional 7-8 minutes until the steak has reached your desired doneness. Let rest for 10 minutes before serving.