There is nothing as good as a simple and easy Chinese chicken stir fry. As you know I am a huge fan of using a deep fryer to fry my Chinese food but nothing beats the convenience of stir frying in a wok. This is a very basic stir fry recipe; it uses few ingredients and will only take a little time to prepare for dinner. You can add any vegetables you want to this stir fry such a broccoli, green pepper, onion, mushrooms or just about anything you enjoy. This recipe uses chicken thighs but you can use boneless skinless chicken breasts as well. The chicken is first marinated and then fried in the wok with the marinade. Oyster sauce is then added at the end of the cooking process. This is a great stir fry recipe for beginners or anyone that enjoys Chinese food. Enjoy.
(Makes 2 Servings)Print
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs (cut into 1” pieces)
- ¼ cup honey
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of rice wine
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger (minced)
- 2 tablespoons fresh garlic (minced)
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- In a large bowl (or sealable plastic bag) combine honey, soy sauce, rice wine, garlic, ginger, sesame oil, and black pepper. Add chicken and toss with the marinade to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours to overnight.
- Heat vegetable oil in the wok over high heat. Add chicken with the marinade and stir-fry until the chicken pieces are fully cooked (about 7-8 minutes).
- Reduce heat, add the oyster sauce and stir in until the chicken pieces are coated with it.