This is by far the best chili I have ever had. This recipe for chili is great for football season and almost everyone is sure to enjoy it. As you can see from the ingredients, this chili can be a little expensive and time consuming but I can assure you, it’s worth it! I have tried a lot of different chili recipes that seemed a lot easier but none of them were as good as this. The ingredients blend perfectly for spicy and delicious chili. This chili is also great re-heated if you want to make it ahead of time and serve it the next day. It makes quite a bit and will serve about 12 people. Other than the prep work, the stove does the rest. The longer you let it simmer, the better it will taste. If you are looking for a good chili recipe, make a batch of this for game day. Serve with corn chips and shredded cheddar cheese. Enjoy.
(Makes 12 Servings)Print
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 pound Italian sausage
- 3 (15) ounce cans chili beans (drained)
- 1 (15 ounces) can chili beans in spicy sauce
- 2 (28 ounce) cans diced tomatoes (with juice)
- 1 (6 ounces) can tomato paste
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- 3 stalks celery (chopped)
- 2 green bell peppers (seeded and chopped)
- 2 green chili peppers (seeded and chopped)
- 1 tablespoon bacon bits
- 4 beef bouillon cubes
- ½ cup beer
- ¼ cup chili powder
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon garlic (minced)
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce (or any hot sauce)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- In a large stock pot over medium-high heat add ground beef and Italian sausage. Break into small pieces with a spatula and cook until browned.
- Drain off any excess fat.
Add spicy chili beans (with the sauce), chili beans, diced tomatoes and tomato paste.
- Next, add in onion, celery, green peppers, green chili peppers, bacon bits, beef bouillon cubes, and beer.
- Season the chili with chili powder, garlic, oregano, Worcestershire sauce, cumin, hot pepper sauce, basil, salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, paprika, and sugar. Mix well. Cover and simmer for 2 hours stirring occasionally.