Looking to make your own Pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving this year? If so, you might want to consider giving this one a try. This is one of the best pumpkin pie recipes I have tried and it’s very easy to make. For this recipe, we are using a pre-made pie crust or a box mix. I know this is cheating but it saves a lot of time. I prefer the Pillsbury pre-made pie crusts, all you need to do is press them into your pie dish. If you want you can substitute the cinnamon, ginger, and cloves with 1 2/4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice. The taste will be slightly different but still good. This is the perfect recipe for busy Holiday cooking; you can have this in the oven within 15 minutes. Serve with whipped cream. Enjoy.
- ¾ cup white sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 eggs
- 1 (15 ounces) can pumpkin puree
- 1 (12 ounces) can evaporate milk
- 1 unbaked 9” deep pie crust (pre-made or box mix)
- Press pie crust into a lightly greased 9” pie dish. Pre-heat the oven to 425 degrees. In a small bowl mix together sugar, salt, cinnamon, ginger, and ground cloves.
- In a large bowl beat eggs. Stir in pumpkin puree and sugar/spice mixture. Gradually stir in evaporated milk until mixture is well combined and smooth. Pour mixture into pie shell.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 425 degrees. After 15 minutes reduce temperature to 350 degrees and bake for 40-50 minutes or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
Cool for 2 hours.