If you have never had a fajita pizza you are missing out. My first time making a fajita pizza was just a few days ago, and it turned out so good I just had to post this recipe. This is basically chicken fajitas on a pizza. Pizza crust topped with salsa, chicken, sliced bell peppers, cheese, and onions. This will make a 12” pizza and for the crust, you can make your own, use a box mix, or a premade crust. I use the Pillsbury refrigerated pizza dough. All you need to do is unroll it and press onto your pizza pan. For the chicken, I actually rubbed the chicken with the spice mixture, grilled it and then cut into small pieces. Pre-baking the crust is important so it doesn’t get soggy. I always enjoy my pizza crust at least a little crispy. Enjoy.
- 1lb boneless skinless chicken breasts (cut into small strips, *leave whole if grilling)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup onion (sliced)
- ½ cup green bell pepper (sliced into strips)
- ½ cup red bell pepper (sliced into strips)
- 1 (12 inches) pizza crust (homemade, dough or box mix)
- A ½ cup of salsa
- 2 cups shredded Monterey jack cheese
- Pre-heat the oven to 425 degrees. To pan fry chicken, add olive oil to a large skillet. Heat to medium-high heat.
- Add chicken and cook until lightly browned. Stir in chili powder, salt, and garlic powder. Add onions and bell peppers and cook for another minute or until the vegetables are crispy tender.
(or to grill chicken- season chicken breasts on both sides with chili powder, garlic, and salt. Lightly oil grill grates and grill on high until chicken is fully cooked.
- Slice cooked chicken breasts into strips. Cook vegetables in olive oil in a frying pan for about 1 minute). Lightly grease pizza pan and press dough into the pan. Place into the oven and pre-bake crust for about 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and scatter chicken strips over the crust, spoon salsa over the chicken, then toss on sliced bell peppers and onions and top with cheese.
- Bake for another 15 minutes or until the crust is golden brown.