If you like Chocolate chip cookies, you will love chocolate chip muffins! I love to eat these in the morning for breakfast or for a late night snack. These delicious muffins are packed with chocolate chips and walnuts. If you do not want to use walnuts, pecans will work just a well. As you can see this recipe calls for an entire bag of chocolate chips if you do not want that many you can cut down on the amount a little. These muffins are very easy to make, I think I had them in the oven within 5 minutes. If you are looking for a great tasting muffin recipe, give this a try! This recipe makes 12-18 muffins, depending on the size. Enjoy.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup milk
- ½ cup butter (melted and cooled)
- 2 eggs (lightly beaten)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (11 ½ ounce) package milk chocolate chips (or less)
- ½ cup walnuts (chopped)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Grease 12 muffins cups (or muffin tins). In a large bowl mix together flour, white sugar, brown sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In another bowl stir together eggs, milk, butter, and vanilla until well blended. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients. Pour the milk mixture into the well and stir until well combined.
- Lightly stir in chocolate chips and chopped nuts.
- Spoon batter into muffins cups or tins. Place into the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes.