Chocolate peanut butter balls are an amazing treat to prepare for the holidays. This recipe consists of balls of peanut butter that are coated with melted chocolate. What is great about this recipe is that it consists of only a few ingredients, most of which you probably already have on hand. I decided to drizzle melted white chocolate on top of the peanut butter balls to give them a better appearance but it is totally optional, they will still taste amazing without the white chocolate. Once the peanut butter balls are coated with the chocolate they are placed into the refrigerator until the chocolate has hardened. Enjoy.
- 2 cups creamy peanut butter
- ¾ cup salted butter (softened)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 ¾ cups powdered sugar
- 2 packages (1 lb each) chocolate candy coating
- In a large bowl mix together the peanut butter, salted butter, and vanilla extract until well combined. Add in the powdered sugar, a little at a time, mixing each time powdered sugar is added until combined.
- Mix in the powdered sugar until the mixture holds together well in a giant ball in the mixing bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 15-25 minutes until the mixture has firmed up.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Remove the dough from the refrigerator and shape the dough into 1-inch balls and place onto the baking sheet.
- Place into the refrigerator again for about 15-20 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate according to package directions. Dip the peanut butter balls one at a time into the melted chocolate, using a fork or spoon. Let the excess chocolate drip off and place the dipped peanut butter ball onto parchment paper. Repeat until all of the balls are covered.
- Optional step: melt about 1lb of white chocolate candy coating according to package directions. Using a fork drizzle the melted white chocolate over the peanut butter balls.
- Place into the refrigerator and chill until the chocolate has hardened and ready to serve.