This chocolate zucchini bread is a great way to make good use of the fresh zucchini from your garden. This recipe calls for 2 cups of grated zucchini and that will come from about 1 large or 2 or 3 small zucchini. This bread gets the chocolate flavor from both cocoa powder and chocolate chips. This is a very easy recipe to prepare and is extremely delicious. Enjoy
- 1/2 cup melted butter, plus more for brushing pan
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder, plus more for dusting pan
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg plus 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cup grated zucchini (from 1 large or 2–3 small)
- 2/3 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 Degrees F. Butter and dust a loaf pan with cocoa powder.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- In another large bowl mix together the sugar and egg and egg yolk until smooth. Add melted butter and vanilla extract and mix until smooth. Add the grated zucchini, then add the flour mixture in 3 additions. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish and bake for 50 minutes. Let cool slightly in pan, then transfer to a cooling rack.