These turkey stuffed peppers are a delicious and healthy meal. This recipe consists of bell peppers that are sliced in half and then stuffed with a seasoned ground turkey and rice mixture and topped with shredded cheddar cheese. The stuffed peppers are baked in the oven until tender. The meat mixture gets the flavor from tomato sauce, garlic powder, cumin, and cilantro. These stuffed peppers are a great way to make use of peppers from your garden. Enjoy!
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 large sweet red bell peppers, washed
- 1/2 cup fat free chicken broth
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 cups cooked brown rice
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 6 tablespoons part skim shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly spray olive oil cooking spray n medm non-tc llet nd het to medm het. dd the onon, grlc nd clntro nd t&ecte; ot 2 mnte. dd the grond tre, lt, grlc powder, cmn nd coo or 4 to 5 mnte ntl met completel cooed throgh. dd 1/4 cp o tomto ce nd 1/2 cp o chcen roth, m well nd let the mtre mmer on low or ot 5 mnte.
- dd, the cooed rown rce to the met mtre nd m well. Ct the ell pepper n hl lengthwe, nd remove ll o the seeds. Spoon about 2/3 cup meat mixture into each pepper half and place into a greased 9 x 13-inch baking dish. Top each with about 1 tablespoon of cheddar cheese. Cover tight with aluminum foil and bake for about 45 minutes. Carefully remove the foil and serve immediately.