- 3/4lb ground beef
- 1 (1 ¼ ounce) packet taco seasoning
- 1 (8 ounces) can tomato sauce
- 1 (15 ounces) can black beans (drained)
- 8 cups romaine lettuce (coarsely chopped)
- 2 large tomatoes (seeded and chopped)
- 1 (2 1/3 ounce) can be sliced black olives (drained)
- 1 cup grated Colby-jack cheese
- 1 bag tortilla chips
- 1 ripe Hass avocado (halved and peeled)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup plain yogurt
- 1 small garlic clove (minced)
- juice of 1 lime
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro (chopped)
- ½ cup buttermilk
- ½ teaspoon salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- To make the dressing- place the avocado, olive oil, yogurt, garlic, lime juice, cilantro, buttermilk, salt, and pepper into a food processor or blender, blend until smooth. Set aside.
- In a large skillet brown the ground beef over medium-high heat. As the beef cooks break it up into chunks with a spatula. Drain off any excess fat. Stir in the taco seasoning. Stir in the tomato sauce and black beans. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- To assemble the salad- place a layer of tortilla chips onto 4 plates. Divide the lettuce among the 4 plates on top of the tortilla chips. Top with some of the meat mixture, cheese, tomatoes, and olives on each plate. Drizzle the dressing onto the top of the salads.