This recipe for eggnog French toast makes the perfect Christmas morning breakfast. Instead of using milk like you typically would when making French
toast, this recipe uses eggnog. The eggnog is mixed with eggs, nutmeg and cinnamon to give this breakfast item a delicious flavor. You can use pretty much whatever type of bread you would prefer for this recipe—I used both Texas toast and a loaf of Italian bread. I actually think I preferred the Italian bread over the Texas toast. I cooked this French toast on a griddle but you can use a skillet as well. This eggnog French toast is easy to prepare and can be ready to serve in no time at all. Enjoy.
- 12 slices Texas Toast (or sliced an Italian loaf)
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups eggnog
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 4 tablespoons butter
- additional butter (for serving)
- powdered sugar
- maple syrup
- In a pie plate or shallow dish whisk together the eggs, eggnog, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Melt a little bit of the butter in a large skillet over medium heat (You can also use a griddle).
- Immediately before cooking, dip each piece of the Texas toast into the eggnog mixture and place into the heated skillet and cook until golden brown on the bottom (about 3 minutes). Flip over and cook until golden brown on the other side (about an additional 3 minutes).
- Serve immediately and sprinkle with powdered sugar and top with butter and maple syrup if desired.