This is a recipe for chicken pot pie bake that is both simple and delicious. You can make this recipe even easier than it already is by using the meat from a cooked rotisserie chicken. You can also cook the chicken yourself or use leftover cooked chicken from a previous meal. To make this recipe you simply shred the chicken, mix a few ingredients together and then everything is layer into a casserole dish and bake in the oven. Any type of vegetables that would go into a pot pie would work well in this recipe—some good choices are peas, carrots, onion, and mushrooms. You can either use frozen vegetables or fresh but the recipe calls for frozen. If you are looking for a great tasting one-dish meal, give this one a try. Enjoy.
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups chicken broth
- ½ cup butter (1 stick)
- 1–2 cups frozen peas and carrots (thawed)
- 2 cups of milk
- 2 cups Bisquick
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon
- ½ teaspoon dried sage
- ground black pepper (to taste)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Place the chicken breasts in a deep saucepan with enough water to cover the chicken. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked (the internal temperature has reached 165 degrees F). Remove the chicken from the water and allow it to cool. Shred the chicken using two forks.
- Place the stick of butter into a 9×13 inch casserole dish. Place into the oven until the butter has melted. Remove from the oven. Spread the shredded chicken evenly over the butter. Sprinkles sage and ground black pepper over the chicken. Add a layer of the thawed peas and carrots.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the Bisquick and milk. Slowly pour over the chicken. In another medium bowl whisk together chicken broth, chicken bouillon, and cream of chicken soup until well combined. Slowly pour the chicken broth mixture over the Bisquick layer.
- Place into the oven and bake at 350 degrees F. for 50-60 minutes or until the top is golden brown.