Another great recipe for your super bowl party here – fried mushrooms. Fried mushrooms are whole mushrooms coated with a batter, rolled in bread crumbs and then deep fried. The end result is a delicious and perfectly crispy snack. The secret to these perfectly crispy fried mushrooms is panko bread crumbs. Panko breadcrumbs are Japanese style breadcrumbs and can be found in the Asian section of many stores. If you can’t find panko breadcrumbs, you can use normal breadcrumbs as well. As you can tell from the ingredients there are not a lot of seasonings added to the coating. If you want to spice it up a little try adding some garlic powder and garlic salt. Fried mushrooms make an amazing snack for any party. Enjoy.
- 10 ounces whole fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup flour
- ½ cup cornstarch
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup of water
- 2 cups breadcrumbs (preferably panko)
- In a large bowl mix flour, baking powder and salt. Add water and mix until a smooth batter has formed.
- Dip mushrooms into the batter and coat evenly. Allow excess batter to drip off.
- Roll the mushrooms in breadcrumbs until coated thoroughly. Repeat until all mushrooms are coated.
- Heat deep fryer to 365 degrees. Deep fry mushrooms in batches until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.