These ham and Swiss sliders are a top choice for any game day menu. If you are looking to please a crowd this recipe is perfect for you. The idea of ham and Swiss on a slider may seem rather average but it’s the sauce that really makes these sliders special. The sauce uses ingredients such as butter and Dijon mustard to help give the sliders a unique and delicious flavor. This recipe is so easy to prepare—the Hawaiian buns are topped with ham and Swiss, and then the sauce is poured over the top and they are baked in the oven. You should have no problem preparing these small sandwiches in large batches if you need to serve a large crowd. Enjoy.
- 2 packages king Hawaiian Rolls
- 1 1/2lbs shaved deli ham
- 1 packed sliced Swiss cheese
Poppy Seed Topping-
- 1 stick butter (melted)
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 ½ tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Cut the Hawaiian rolls in half and set aside. Place a slice of the ham and a slice of the Swiss onto the top of the bottom half of each roll. Place the tops on to each roll. Place the prepared sandwiches onto a large baking dish (you may need more than 1 depending on how many sliders you have).
- Place the melted butter into a medium bowl. Add Worcestershire sauce, Dijon mustard, dried minced onion, and poppy seeds. Whisk together until smooth. Pour the sauce evenly over the tops of all the sandwiches in the baking dish. Allow sitting for 10 minutes or until the butter sets slightly.
- Cover with foil, place into the oven and bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Uncover and bake for an additional 2 minutes until the tops are slightly browned and crisp. Serve warm.