I really enjoy grilling various types of food during the summer and I always need a great tasting side-dish to prepare with it. A delicious pasta salad always makes a great option. This pasta salad uses shells but you can use macaroni as well. The salad is loaded with ingredients such as ham, cheddar cheese, peas, and carrots. Some other good options, if you want to add additional ingredients, would be green onion and tomato. The dressing gets a lot of its flavor from mayonnaise, mustard, and vinegar. If you are looking for a delicious cold salad recipe, give this one a try. Enjoy.
- 1 (8 ounces) package medium pasta shells
- 1 (10 ounces) package frozen peas, thawed
- 1/4 pound deli ham, diced
- 1 cup diced Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Fill a pot with lightly-salted water and bring to a boil. Stir in the shell pasta and cook until the pasta is tender but firm to the bite, about 11 minutes; drain.
- Stir the peas, ham, Cheddar cheese, onion, mayonnaise, vegetable oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper in a large bowl; add the cooked pasta and stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour, or until completely chilled, before serving.