This recipe for pizza chicken is very similar to chicken parmesan but it is topped with pizza sauce instead of the marinara and also topped off with sliced pepperoni. The combination of chicken, pizza sauce, cheese, and pepperoni is delicious. You can use your favorite brand of pizza sauce for this recipe or even make your own. The most work that is involved is breading the chicken. The chicken is baked in the oven but you can fry it in about ½ inch of oil in a large skillet first and then bake it if you would prefer. I like to serve this recipe with spaghetti tossed with extra pizza sauce and pepperoni. Enjoy.
- 1 chicken breast
- 7 teaspoons
- tomato puree
- 7 slices mozzarella cheese
- 7 slices salami
- 1 tablespoon
- grated cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon
- dried oregano
- Cut seven slits on the top of the chicken breast.
- In each slit, spread 1 teaspoon of tomato puree, 1 mozzarella slice, and 1 salami slice.
- Preheat oven to 350˚F (180˚C).
- Sprinkle on the cheddar cheese and oregano.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. It should have an internal temperature of 165˚F (75˚C).