This hash brown chicken casserole makes an easy and delicious dinner to serve any night of the week. This amazing casserole is loaded with shredded hash browns, chicken, peas, carrots, corn and cream of chicken soup mixture.
The casserole is topped with crushed corn flakes for a nice crunch. For the chicken, you can roast the chicken, use leftover cooked chicken or the meat from a cooked rotisserie chicken if you want to save time.
I roasted boneless skinless chicken breasts and sliced them for this recipe. If you are looking for a tasty casserole dish to prepare, give this one a try. Enjoy.
- 2 pounds hash browns (frozen shredded)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots
- 1/2 cup sweet corn (summer)
- 2 cups sour cream (or plain yogurt)
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1/3 cup milk
- 3 cups roasted chicken (cooked, shredded)
- 1 cup corn flakes (crushed)
- 2 tablespoons butter (melted)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl combine together cheddar cheese, hashbrown, salt, pepper, sour cream, cream of chicken soup, milk and chicken.
- Place into a lightly greased 9×13 baking dish.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix together the crushed cornflakes with the melted butter. Sprinkle over the hash brown potato casserole.
- Bake for 1 hour or until golden brown.