With this recipe, you will have a skillet of seasoned ground turkey ready in 15 minutes, perfect for any Mexican-inspired recipe. You can fill taco shells, make a burrito bowl, and put it in soup, the options are unlimited.
- First thing first, you will need to get a large skillet, then heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Proceed to combine the diced onion, minced garlic, and ground turkey in a mixing bowl. Then cook – stirring periodically – until the turkey has broken up and is thoroughly cooked.
- You will have to drain any extra grease and return the turkey to the pan if required. You usually don’t have to do this step with ground turkey like you would with ground beef though.
- Go ahead and reduce the heat to medium-low and stir in the black beans, taco seasoning, salsa, lime juice, spicy sauce, and water.
- Then you can allow it to simmer for 4 – 5 minutes – stirring regularly – until warmed through and the sauce thickens well enough.
- As you prefer, you can serve the dish immediately with rice, cauliflower rice, or taco shells.
Ground turkey taco meat is a staple favorite. Everyone enjoys the flavor, and I appreciate how simple it is to make a large quantity and have it readily available for a quick meal.
When you are ready to serve it, you can enjoy it over a huge bowl of rice or even cauliflower rice, this savory taco meat is fantastic. It is also delicious put inside crispy or soft taco shells or a burrito. It goes well with guacamole as well.
You can watch this video recipe to know more about how to cook ground turkey and how long it takes to cook.