Goya black bean is a favorite bean for topping other dishes because they have a beautifully rich, slightly nutty flavor. Black beans are often enhanced with a dash of heat.
To cook any sort of canned beans, drain the liquid from the can and rinse the beans if the liquid is too thick. To enable the flavors to meld together, pour a half cup of broth or water into the pot and let it simmer on low heat for at least 30 minutes. To make the beans taste great, season them with your preferred seasonings and add fat (like oil). Black beans are delicious and have health benefits and it goes well with maize, rice, salads, sandwiches, and burritos.
Whatever you plan to do with your black beans, canned black beans are the most convenient. Simply follow these cooking instructions and preparations if you want to know how to cook Goya black beans. Your dinner just got a whole lot tastier thanks to this easy and quick recipe.Print
How to Cook Goya Black Beans
There are various ways to cook Goya black beans and we shall be looking at two ways, which are, on stove and in the microwave.
Cooking Goya Black beans on stove
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and a pot should be placed on the stovetop. The stove should be set to medium or low heat and add a little cooking oil (such as olive oil).
- Rinse the Goya black beans thoroughly after opening the can. If not rinsed, the liquid inside the can often has a lot of salt and starch, which will transfer to your dish.
- Pour the beans into the pot and cook on low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Add onion powder, salt, and garlic to taste the beans. Cumin and black pepper are two other spices that mix nicely with this recipe. If you want to go the extra mile, boil the beans with diced bell pepper or onions, fresh lime juice and cilantro.
- Stir and heat the Goya black beans until they achieve the required consistency and temperature.
- Immediately remove from the heat and serve.
Cooking Goya Black Beans in the microwave
- Pour the Goya black beans into a microwave-safe bowl after opening the can and thoroughly rinsing them.
- You can add garlic, cumin, onion powder, or other seasonings to taste either during cooking or after they’ve finished cooking.
- Cook for 30 seconds in the microwave (or however long the instructions on the can state).
- Continue stirring until the beans reach the temperature and consistency you want.
- Immediately remove from the microwave and serve. You can now decide to add freshly chopped onion, lime juice, or cilantro to improve the flavor, just like you would add it with the stovetop recipe.
- Gather the ingredients– This is a quick recipe. Before beginning the meal, it’s a good idea to chop your vegetables and measure your spices.
- Finely dice the onion– Because onion is one of the strongest flavors in this dish, it’s critical to dice it very finely. It allows it to flavor the black beans instead of just being a garnish. In addition, finely diced onions cook faster, making this a simple meal to prepare.
- Prepare ahead of time if necessary- This recipe can be prepared up to 4 days ahead of time and reheated before serving. You can choose to add the cilantro immediately before serving if I’m making it ahead of time. In a microwave, the beans warm quickly and on the stovetop, and as they sit, the taste improves.
- Before beginning to cook your black beans, the water should be drained from the can. If you have seasoned Goya black beans, just open the can and pour them into the sauce saucepan to heat.
- In addition, Black Beans, like most foods, benefit from the addition of fat, acid, spicy heat, salt, and smoke, which is why the recipe’s ingredients are as they are.
- You can eat your Goya canned black beans plain or add them to any dish once you have finished cooking it on the stove.
- Goya black beans are also delicious in a taco or burrito, blended with rice, and corn, as a side dish for chicken, or simply eaten plain.
Storing Leftover Goya Canned Black Beans
- The beans should be frozen if you have no plan of using them within five days. Fill a plastic tub or a freezer bag that will be safe in a freezer, filled halfway with fresh water, then freeze. When they’ve thawed out, remove the water and use them how you choose.
- Continuously refrigerated canned black beans will last 3 to 4 days.
- After freezing and thawing, canned black beans will have a softer texture; thawed black beans are best used in cooked dishes such as sauces, soups, and casseroles.
Cooking Time for Goya Black Beans
Goya black beans are canned black beans that have already been cooked and are offered in a handy can. If you don’t have time to cook from the scratch dried black beans, Goya black beans are a good alternative. As a result, because it’s already cooked, it doesn’t take long to prepare. On a hectic or busy day, you can make dinner in only 5 minutes with these canned Goya black beans.
Below are the timing guidelines to know when cooking Goya black beans.
|Cooking time for Goya black beans
Goya black beans have made cooking very easy because it doesn’t take time and you are free to add any seasoning of your choice to enhance the taste and improve its flavor. It can also be used for various side dishes such as salad and tacos. To learn more on how to cook Goya black beans visually, watch this video by clicking here.