Lots of people are coming to terms with the idea of pre-frozen breakfast foods. And the Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwiches are no exception. These quick-prep foods are tasty, easy to whip up, and can be enjoyed as a snack anytime.
The Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwich is a combination of sausage, egg, and cheese. When heated, the cheese is melty and blends with the thick fluffy eggs to give a fantastic taste. These two ingredients combine with the yummy sausage and a creamy croissant, resulting in an experience everyone wants to feel time and again.
You’ll also find some Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwiches made with muffins and biscuits, among other things. Regardless of the combination of ingredients, some people frown over the idea of store-bought frozen breakfasts. So, why not consider a recipe that allows you to make your version in your kitchen, Jimmy Dean style?
Cooking Jimmy Dean Style Breakfast Sandwiches
Since the Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwiches mostly combine a croissant with eggs, sausage, and cheese, you can make yours from scratch. And you’ll only need some eggs, ham, English muffins and cheese slices. Here’s how to go about it;
Prepare the Ramekin Eggs
Get some ramekins and coat the surface with non-stick spray. Next, crack the eggs onto the ramekins and pierce the yolk with a sharp knife. Then, toss the ramekins in a 350F-heated oven for the eggs to bake. They should cook for about 10 to 15 minutes.
The spray allows you to slide the egg off the ramekin easily. And the pierced yolks will cook evenly in the oven for a more circular shape.
Prepare the Muffin Buns
The English muffins will play the role of the croissant in this recipe. Cut the muffins to get two halves like burger buns. Next, on each bottom bun, add one cheese and three ham slices, respectively.
Complete the Sandwich
Once the eggs are ready, gently remove the ramekins, so you get round egg omelets. Place these omelets on each bottom muffin bun and add the top muffin bun to complete the sandwich.
Envelope each Jimmy Dean style breakfast sandwich in plastic wraps, and keep them in the freezer. Now, you can take them out anytime you want and reheat them before you enjoy these sumptuous sandwiches.
Reheating the Homemade Jimmy Dean Breakfast Sandwiches
When you’re ready to eat, take the frozen sandwiches from the freezer and remove the plastic wrappers. Toss the sandwiches in the microwave, set it to half power, and heat for one minute. Then, flip the sandwiches and heat for another one minute at a standard setting. And voila! Your Jimmy Dean-style breakfast sandwiches are ready to eat!
For How Long Do Jimmy Dean Breakfast Sandwiches Keep?
Once frozen, these sandwiches can stay for as long as you want. But once they’re moved to the fridge, it’s often advised that you consume them within a week. Still, you may be planning to eat these breakfast sandwiches the next day. If so, you don’t have to freeze them; keep them in the fridge and reheat in the microwave the next day.Print
- Six large eggs
- Six English muffins
- Six slices of cheddar cheese
- 18 slices deli ham, small
- Set the oven to 350F and let it heat. Next, spray the inside of six ramekins with non-stick spray.
- Crack an egg into each ramekin and gently poke a hole into the yolk. Place in the oven and cook for 10 to 15 minutes until the whites are firm. Bring down and slide the eggs out the ramekins. Then, sprinkle salt and pepper to taste.
- Slice the muffins into two halves and place one slice of cheese on each bottom bun. Top the cheese with three pieces of ham. Add the eggs, followed by the second half of the muffin. Then, envelop the sandwiches in plastic wrappers and store them in the freezer.
- When you want to eat, take the sandwich out of the plastic wrapper and heat it in the microwave at half power for one minute. Then, flip the sandwich and heat again for another minute at a standard setting. And your homemade Jimmy Dean-style breakfast sandwiches are ready to serve!
- If you plan on eating the sandwiches the next day, don’t bother freezing them. Keep them in the fridge the night before and reheat in the microwave as instructed above.
For more homemade Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwiches, observe this video.