- 4 large sweet potatoes (peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tbsps of extra-virgin olive or coconut oil (avocado/grapeseed oil can also be used)
- 2 tbsps of kosher salt
- 3 tbsps of freshly ground black peppers
- 2 tbsps of smoked paprika
- 2 to 3 tbsps of ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp of chili powder
- 1 tbsp of thyme (optional)
- 1 tbsp of maple syrup or honey (for caramelization)
- Preheat your oven to 400°F or 425°F
- Carefully slice off the ends of your sweet potatoes and peel off the skin. If you still want to leave the skin on, try giving the potatoes a scrub before cooking and ensure you go for some organic sweet potatoes. Then cut potatoes into half planks and further dice them into 1-inch cubes or chunks.
- Once done, place your cubed sweet potatoes on a foil-lined baking dish or in a large bowl and drizzle some tablespoons of olive oil on it. Also, add your preferred spice combination and toss well, ensuring that each cube of potato is fully coated in spice.
- Evenly spread out the sweet potatoes on your baking dish and in a single layer to avoid overcrowding the pan. That’s why we recommend you use a baking dish that would be able to accommodate all the sweet potatoes.
- Place the pan in the oven and roast sweet potatoes for about 40 minutes, turning them halfway through to bake evenly. Once you’re done cooking, your potatoes should have a crispy caramelization on the outside and a fork-tender on the inside.
Oven-roasted sweet potatoes are gluten, nut, and dairy-free and make for an excellent side dish. It can be served with some vegetable salad at lunchtime. For more information on how you can get this recipe done, we recommend you check more video recipes.