I like to use Jack Daniel’s whiskey in all different types of recipes, including meatballs. These meatballs are flavored with Chinese ingredients such as soy sauce and green onion. For the meat I used ground pork but you could use ground beef as well. The meatballs consist of typical ingredients such as breadcrumbs, egg, and parmesan cheese. I like to add fresh garlic and green onion right into the meat mixture for even more flavor. Once the meatballs are rolled they are placed into the oven and baked. The sauce is boiled on the stove top and gets a lot of its flavor from Jack Daniels and soy sauce. You can double the sauce ingredients if you want a little more sauce for the noodles. I like to serve this dish over pasta noodles and sesame seed and green onions for a garnish. Enjoy.
Jack Daniel’s Meatballs Recipe
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 Servings 1x
- 1lb ground beef
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup plain breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup chopped green onion
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic
- salt and ground black pepper (to taste)
- ¼ cup Jack Daniels Whiskey
- ¼ cup of soy sauce
- ¼ cup Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup green onion (sliced)
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Lightly grease the baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl combine ground beef, parmesan cheese, breadcrumbs, ¼ cup green onion, egg, minced garlic, salt, and pepper. Mix everything until well combined. Roll the mixture into small meatballs.
- Place the meatballs onto the baking sheet.
- Place into the oven and bake at 350 degrees F. for 25-30 minutes or until fully cooked (the internal temperature has reached 160 Degrees F).
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl whisk together Jack Daniels, soy sauce, Dijon, mustard, ¼ cup green onion, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper, and cornstarch. Pour into a saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until the sauce has thickened. Add cooked meatballs and stir to coat. Serve over pasta and garnish with sesame seeds and green onions if desired.