This dish really needs no introduction, macaroni and cheese are popular pretty much everywhere. As you probably already know from experience, most of the boxed Mac and cheese can be rather disappointing. Here is a homemade version and somewhat of a different take on the classic dish. This recipe uses three different types of cheeses- sharp cheddar, parmesan, and cottage cheese. Best of all, this dish is so easy to make and is perfect for a quick meal. This is also perfect for a dinner party or event. Enjoy.
(Makes 4 Servings)Print
Macaroni and Cheese Recipe
- 1 (8 ounces) package elbow macaroni
- 1 (8 ounces) package shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 (12 ounces) container small curd cottage cheese
- 1 (8 ounces) container sour cream
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1 cup dry breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup butter (melted)
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees. Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook elbow macaroni according to package directions. Drain.
Grease a 9×13” baking dish, in the baking dish stir together macaroni, cheddar cheese, cottage cheese, sour cream, parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper.
- In a small bowl mix together breadcrumbs and melted butter. Sprinkle the breadcrumb mixture over the macaroni in the baking dish.
- Place into the oven and bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until the top is golden brown.
Saturday 10th of April 2010
thank you for these recipe....
Sunday 28th of March 2010
I boiled and cut up some chicken breast and put it in this recipe, and it is delicious!