McDonald’s has some new burgers on the menu and one of them is loaded with guacamole and pico de gallo. This is a great copycat burger recipe with fresh ingredients to prepare for summer. This burger is topped with white cheddar cheese, fresh pico de gallo, and homemade guacamole. McDonald’s also adds buttermilk ranch to this burger but I decided to leave it off. You can either grill the burger patties or cook them on the stovetop. For the buns, McDonald’s uses either a sesame seed or an artisan bun, I used a brioche bun. Enjoy.
- 1 1/2lbs ground beef
- salt and pepper
- 4 slices white cheddar cheese
- 4 pieces of leaf lettuce
- 4 sesame seed buns
- Pico de Gallo-
- 4 plum tomatoes (seeded and diced)
- 1 small white onion (finely chopped)
- 2–3 jalapeño peppers (seeded and chopped)
- ½ cup fresh cilantro (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- salt (to taste)
- 3 ripe avocados (peeled and pitted)
- The juice of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup onion (diced)
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon fresh garlic (minced)
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- To prepare the pico- In a bowl combine tomatoes, onion, peppers, and cilantro. Add lime juice and salt. Mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- To prepare the guacamole- In a medium bowl mash the avocados. Squeeze in or add lime juice. Add salt. Mix in onion cilantro, tomatoes, and garlic. Mix in cayenne pepper. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Form the ground beef into 4 equal patties and season on both sides with salt and pepper. Place the patties into a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook over medium-high heat, turning frequently until fully cooked (the internal temperature has reached 160 degrees F.). During the last few minutes of cooking top each patty with a slice of A white cheddar cheese. Cook until the cheese has melted.
- Place each patty onto the bottom half of each bun. Top with a piece of lettuce, some guacamole and pico de gallo.