Mojito is a traditional Cuban drink. The ingredients of mojito are refreshing which makes it a perfect summer drink.
People across the world enjoy different versions of mojito including virgin mojito, which the non-alcoholics make for themselves.Print
- 2 parts bacardi carta blanca about 50 ml
- 1 whole lime, quartered
- Handful of fresh mint leaves
- 2 heaped bar spoons caster sugar
- 1 dash of soda water
- Crushed ice
- Put pieces of lime in a glass. Now take the mint leaves on one hand and clap. This will bruise the leaves and release their minty aroma.
- Add the 2 heaped bar spoons of caster sugar and then using a bar spoon lightly squish the ingredients together.
- Remember to be gentle, if you squish too much the white part of the lime is triggered and it releases the bitter part in the drink.
- Next add 50 ml of white rum to the drink and give it a stir.
- Now add crushed ice to the glass till it is half-filled and stir till all the sugar is dissolved.
- Add some soda water to your mojito and then use a spoon to lightly bring up the ingredients on top.
- Add more crushed ice to top up the glass and garnish with some mint leaves.
- Voila! your mojito is ready to be enjoyed.
- Use small leaves of mint as they are aromatic and taste better than the big ones. You can try more versions of mojito using basil, lemongrass, etc.