You can stuff chicken breasts with several different ingredients and you can’t really go wrong with pepperoni and cheese. These chicken breasts are stuffed with sliced pepperoni and mozzarella cheese. They are also coated with flour and Italian breadcrumbs. I chose to use Italian breadcrumbs because I like the extra flavor but you can use plain bread crumbs, seasoned bread crumbs, or even Panko bread crumbs instead. The chicken is first fried in the pan and then placed into the oven to finish the cooking process. This recipe does take a little time to prepare but it only consists of a few ingredients. It goes great served with a garden salad as a side dish. Enjoy. Adapted from Budget Bytes.
(Makes 4 Servings)Print
Pepperoni Stuffed Chicken Breast Recipe
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (8 ounces) block mozzarella cheese
- 1 package sliced pepperoni
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup Italian breadcrumbs
- A ½ cup of vegetable oil
- cooking spray
- Slice the block of mozzarella cheese into even slices. Using a small sharp knife cut a pocket into the front of each chicken breast. Be careful not to cut all the way through the chicken breast or the filling will come out. Stuff each chicken breast with 2 slices of cheese, and 6-8 pepperoni slices.
- Place flour into a shallow dish or pie plate. In another shallow dish beat eggs, and in another shallow dish add the bread crumbs. Coat each chicken breast first in the flour mixture, then in the egg mixture, and finally in the breadcrumb mixture. During the coating process make sure to press down on the pocket to keep the filling from falling out.
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees and line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil. Spray the aluminum foil lightly with cooking spray. Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Test the oil to make sure it’s hot enough by dropping a small pinch of breadcrumbs into the oil. The bread crumbs should sizzle a lot if it’s hot enough. Once the oil is hot enough, place chicken breasts into the oil and fry until golden brown and crispy on each side (about 2-3 minutes). Remove the chicken from the skillet and place onto the baking sheet.
- Place chicken into the oven and bake for 25 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked (has reached and the internal temperature of 165 degrees).
Sunday 12th of October 2014
Looks so damn good!
Sunday 15th of June 2014
I made this for my Husband. He loved it. Even asked if I save the recipe. Making it again today.
Monday 17th of February 2014
Made this last night and it was delicious! Very simple to make, will definitely be making this recipe again! Made some stuffing and corn as a side dish.
Wednesday 7th of August 2013
my first time trying a recipe from online and it turned out great.. thanx for the recipe..
Saturday 8th of June 2013
I made this for dinner. SO yummy!