A good pizza sauce recipe is essential to any good homemade pizza. I have posted a lot of pizza recipes on this blog but never a sauce. This is a tomato based pizza sauce. It is very easy to make and as simple as combining just a few ingredients. Parmesan cheese is one of my favorite ingredients in this sauce. It gets a little sweetness from honey and a little heat from dried red pepper flakes. This will make enough to cover 1 large pizza. Enjoy.
Pizza Sauce Recipe
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 (6 ounces) can tomato paste
- 6 ounces warm water
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic (minced)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ¾ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon dried marjoram
- ¼ teaspoon dried basil
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- salt (to taste)
- In a small bowl combine tomato paste, warm water, Parmesan cheese, garlic, honey, onion powder, oregano, marjoram, basil, ground black pepper, cayenne pepper, red pepper flakes, and salt. Make sure to break up any clumps of cheese.
- Allow the sauce to sit for 30 minutes to allow the flavors to blend. Spread over pizza dough.
Thursday 1st of December 2011
This recipe was delicious!! My husband thought it was a little too sweet, but I thought it was perfect! Now we just need to figure out how to make tasty pizza dough.
Wednesday 7th of September 2011
I've tried various pizza sauce recipes but haven't found my favorite yet. Which means I have to try this one now!