These pork burritos are loaded with amazing flavor. Whenever I am looking to prepare easy meat for burritos, I always look for slow cooker recipes. This recipe uses the slow cooker and there is not much work involved. A few ingredients are mixed in the blender and then placed into the slow cooker with the pork roast and cooked on low for 8-10 hours. I found the flavor of the meat mixture to be very good and it was a little spicy, but I did not find the heat to be too extreme. If you do not want to make burritos this recipe could be used to make meat for tacos, enchiladas, quesadillas, etc. I made these into wet burritos with a little of the juice from the slow cooker and melted cheese on top. Enjoy.
(Makes 10 Servings)Print
Pork Burritos Recipe
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 boneless pork shoulder butt roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1 (14 ½ ounce) can diced tomatoes with mild green chilies (undrained)
- ¼ cup chili powder
- 3 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 10 (8 inches) flour tortillas (warmed)
- 1 (8 ounces) bag shredded Monterey jack cheese
- 1 (16 ounces) can black beans (drained and rinsed)
- Sour Cream
- Cut the pork roast in half and place the halves into the bottom of the slow cooker. In a blender, combine the tomatoes, chili powder, garlic, lime juice, honey, jalapeno, and salt. Cover and process until smooth. Pour over pork. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until the meat is tender.
- Remove the roast from the slow cooker, cool slightly. Shred the pork using two forks and return to the slow cooker. Using a slotted spoon, place about ½ cup of the pork mixture down the center of each tortilla, top with some black beans, shredded cheese, and sour cream. Fold sides and ends over the filling and roll up.
Wednesday 25th of September 2013
I tried this recipe yesterday, and it was fantastic! Meat was very flavorful, but not over-the-top spicy. I came home late, and almost missed out! My family had about polished it off! Will be making again soon. Thanks for sharing!
Thursday 20th of June 2013
This looks and sounds delicious! Will have to try soon.
Monday 10th of June 2013
These sound great! Thanks for sharing! I pinned it as Blue Strong on Pinterest on my Slow Cooker board!