You can easily put the ingredients of a Reuben sandwich onto sliders buns instead of bread slices. I really like the flavor that the pretzel buns add to this recipe but if you cannot find pretzel slider buns, you can use dinner rolls or any type of small bun. The pretzel buns are topped with corned beef, sauerkraut, Swiss cheese and a homemade Russian dressing. If you would prefer not to prepare the Russian dressing, you can save time by using bottled Thousand Island dressing as well. The sliders are prepared and then baked in the oven until heated through and the cheese has melted. These sliders go great as an appetizer for a party or can be served for dinner with French fries or a side-dish. Enjoy.
Reuben Sliders Recipe
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 12 Servings 1x
- Russian dressing-
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 4 teaspoons prepared horseradish (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ teaspoon sweet paprika
- salt (to taste)
- 24 pretzel slider rolls
- 24 slices deli corned beef
- 12 slices Swiss cheese (cut into 4 squares)
- 1/2lb sauerkraut
- To prepare the Russian dressing- in a small bowl whisk together mayonnaise, onion, ketchup, horseradish, hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce, paprika, and salt. Set aside.
- Warm the slider buns on a baking sheet according to package directions.
- Split the rolls and top the bottom half with corned beef, sauerkraut and 2 of the cheese squares per bun. Place the sandwiches under the broiler in the middle oven rack until the cheese melts. Remove from the oven.
- Spread the Russian dressing onto the bottom of the top half of each bun and place onto the sandwiches, dressing side down.