Looking for a fantastic lunch or snack? If so, try this roast beef sandwich. This sandwich is roast beef topped with provolone cheese, lettuce and avocados. The real highlight of this recipe is the spicy mayo, it has just the right amount of kick and adds great flavor to this sandwich. The spicy mayo is a combination of mayonnaise, Tabasco sauce, and chopped cilantro. It is important to dip the avocados in lemon juice or else they will turn brown. You might want to hollow out the bread a little to help everything stay in the sandwich (this sandwich is stacked!). This sandwich is so easy to make and so delicious, everyone will love it. It might be even perfect for a football party. Enjoy.
(Makes 4 Servings)Print
- 1lb sliced deli roast beef
- ½ lb sliced provolone cheese
- 1 long French bread (cut in half horizontally and hollowed out a little bit)
- 1 large avocado (peeled, pitted, thinly sliced and dipped in lemon juice)
- romaine lettuce (or iceberg will work too)
- salt (to taste)
- Spicy Mayo-
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco sauce (or to your taste)
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro (chopped)
- To make spicy mayo- in a small bowl combine mayonnaise, Tabasco sauce, and cilantro. Mix until smooth.
- Spread mayo on the bottom of both halves of the French bread.
On the bottom half layer roast beef, provolone cheese, lettuce, and avocado.
- Season lightly with salt. Lightly spread on the top layer of the bread.