This recipe for crab salad makes a fantastic dish for summer or any warm day. I have had my share of pasta salads but this was really good. Could it be even better than BLT Pasta Salad? I will let you decide. The dressing is a combination of mayonnaise, creamy Italian and parmesan cheese. The vegetables give the salad a nice little crunch. Some of the vegetables that go into this recipe include green pepper, green onions, and tomatoes. You could add other items as well such as broccoli florets or black olives. It is important to refrigerate this salad to allow the flavors to blend. I recommend 2-4 hours. This recipe is very simple and if you are looking for a delicious cold salad, this is perfect. Enjoy.
(Makes 4 Servings)Print
- 2 cups uncooked medium shell pasta (or macaroni)
- 1 ½ cups imitation crab meat (chopped)
- ½ cup green pepper (diced)
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes (quartered)
- ¼ cup green onions (chopped)
- shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup creamy Italian salad dressing
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- In a large pot cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water. Place pasta in a large bowl.
- Stir in crab, green onion, cherry tomatoes, and green pepper. Add shredded cheddar cheese if desired.
- To make the dressing- in a small bowl combine mayonnaise, creamy Italian dressing, and parmesan cheese.
- Mix until well blended and smooth. Pour over salad and toss gently to coat.
Cover and refrigerate for 2-4 hours before serving.