The Royal Red Robin burger from the restaurant Red Robin is one of my favorite burgers to order. This burger is topped with American cheese, lettuce, onion, bacon, a fried egg, and mayonnaise. The fried egg is what really makes this burger special. This burger is best grilled but if you do not have an outdoor grill, it could be cooked in a skillet as well. There is a little work required with this recipe preparing all of the different ingredients but it is well worth it. Serve with French fries. Enjoy.
Royal Red Robin Burger Recipe
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 Servings 1x
- 1 1/2lbs ground beef
- salt and ground black pepper
- 4 slices American cheese
- 4 eggs
- 4 slices bacon
- 4 slices tomato
- 4 hamburger buns
- Add slices of the bacon to a cold frying pan and turn the heat to medium-low. While the bacon is cooking, frequently turn it over so that it cooks evenly on both sides.
- Cook until the bacon has reached a deep brown color, about 10-15 minutes.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Make 4 patties out of the ground beef and season the patties on both sides with salt and pepper. Lightly grease the grates of an outdoor grill.
- Heat the grill to medium-high heat. Add the burger patties on cook turning at least once until the hamburgers are fully cooked (the internal temperature has reached 165 degrees F.). During the last few minutes of cooking top each patty with a slice of cheese and cook until melted.
- Split the hamburger buns in half and place them cut-side down onto the grill. Cook until lightly toasted on the bottom. Remove from the grill.
- Spray a large nonstick frying pan or griddle with cooking spray and fry the eggs over medium-heat to your liking such as sunny-side up, over-easy or over medium.
- Top the bottom half of each toasted bun with lettuce, a hamburger patty, 1 slice of bacon (broken in half, 2 halves), tomato, and egg. Spread mayonnaise onto the bottom of the top half of each bun.
- Place on top of the burger mayonnaise side down.