Sangria is an alcoholic beverage authentically made using red wine, freshly chopped fruits along with some spirits. This recipe is known to be originated from Spain.
This can be served cold or even hot. We generally use local fruits like peaches, berries, apple, pears along with lime or orange juice to get that fruity or sweet flavour.
I am gonna share what I call the fall sangria recipe with you today. This is an alcoholic beverage; you can just substitute the wine with some more of 7 up soda and completely neglect the apple brandy if you are a non-alcoholic.
There are so many versions of the sangria recipe, which I do make often, but I like this recipe the most. This is the best drink that you could serve during a home party. Hope you will give this recipe a try.
- Sweet white wine – 1 bottle (I am using Riesling)
- Calvados (apple brandy) – ¼ cup
- Orange juice – ¼ cup
- Apple Juice – 3 cups
- Apple – 1 (thinly sliced)
- Pear – 1 (thinly sliced)
- Orange – 1 (thinly sliced)
- Cinnamon stick – 1
- 7-Up soda – 1 1/2 cups
- Take a large pitcher with ice cubes.
- Add all the ingredients one by one except for 7 up soda and mix it gently just to combine them.
- Serve it immediately or you can even cover it and refrigerate for a couple of hours before serving.
- While serving add the sangria by 2/3rd of the glass and top the rest with some 7 up soda.
- You can refrigerate it for a few hours so that all the flavors just combine together.
- The cinnamon will give this sangria a bit of spicy and savory touch.
- You can add your favorite wine and brandy and make your own sangria recipe.
- I think this goes perfect with Apple brandy and white wine.