I am gonna tell you how to make this American classic of egg salad. My husband used to have this a lot for lunches so I figured out to share this recipe with you.
Usually, egg salad comes with a lot of combinations and variations. This is one simple and easy dish which is a combination of chopped hard-boiled eggs and mayonnaise. I bet you this is the perfect combination for bread.
You can use them as a sandwich spread. This dish can be made in different variations. You can add chicken, ham, crab, bacon or anything of your choice instead of eggs.
You can even make this salad more creative by adding cheese, pickles, bell peppers, cucumber, onions, lettuce or capers as add ons to your salad. Come, let’s take a look at how easy and quickly we can make this recipe.
This takes less than 25 mins to make, but I prefer this to be served cold. You can make this dish for a quick lunch, as a picnic side dish or even serve as a salad for dinner. This recipe is perfect to eat all-days in a week.Print
- Hard-boiled eggs – 8
- Mayo/mayonnaise – 1/3 cup
- Dijon mustard – 1 tbsp
- Chives – 2 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Garlic – 1 tsp (granulated)
- Lemon Juice – 1/2 tsp (or as per your taste)
- Salt – as per taste
- Pepper – for seasoning
- Chop the hard-boiled eggs into small pieces
- Add all the ingredients along with the egg and give a good mix. Just to make sure that everything gets combined.
- Now cover it and set it aside or refrigerate it for a minimum of 30 minutes before you serve just to ensure all the flavours merge together.
- Here you go with this classic egg salad you just put some tomatoes and lettuce on top of them or just garnish it with some spring onions but I like it the classical way.
- Make sure you don’t add too much of mayonnaise or so-called dressing just add enough to combine everything together.
- This is the main difference between a good and a bad egg salad.
- Enjoy this with some fresh loaf of white bread. Oh, that’s heavenly!