Who doesn’t like poutine? When you combine gravy with cheese curds and fries you have one of the most delicious combinations. Add shredded beef short ribs into the mix and you have taken things to the next level. This recipe is prepared in the slow cooker and does not require much work at all. The gravy is just a simple combination of beef broth, worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, and thyme. For this poutine I used store bought french fries but you can make your own if you want as well. There is no beer in my version of this dish but you could add some if you want! Enjoy.
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless short ribs
- 3 cups beef broth
- cheese curds
- 2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- french fries
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch mixed with 4 tablespoons of cold water
- Add the short ribs into the bottom of a slow cooker. Pour in beef broth. Add Worcestershire sauce, garlic, thyme, salt, and pepper.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours. Shred the beef short ribs using two forks. Turn the slow cooker to high. Add the cornstarch and beef broth mixture and stir in.
- Cover and cook until the gravy is thick.
- Cook the french fries according to package directions. Drain on paper towels. Divide French fried among individual plates. Top with cheese curds and the short rib gravy.