Shrimp parmesan is a very simple and delicious way to prepare shrimp. I have tried a similar version of this at Red Lobster before. I wouldn’t say this recipe tastes exactly like the one at Red Lobster but it is similar. The process is fairly simple, the shrimp are tossed with olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper. They are then coated with a bread crumb and parmesan cheese mixture and baked. The shrimp are baked at 475 degrees so they do not take very long to cook, only about 10 minutes. These shrimp go perfect served on a bed of pasta with your favorite sauce. I just placed them on top of hot garlic and buttered noodles. You could also use spaghetti or alfredo sauce. If you are looking for a delicious baked shrimp parmesan recipe, give this one a try. Enjoy.
(Makes 2 Servings)Print
- 1lb jumbo shrimp (about 12 jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- ½ cup unseasoned breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter (melted)
- Pre-heat the oven to 475 degrees. If the shrimp are not already peeled and deveined, do so but leave the tails on. In a medium bowl mix together olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper. Add shrimp and toss to coat with the mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes to an hour.
- In a shallow bowl combine bread crumbs and parmesan cheese. Place each shrimp into the bread crumb mixture and coat evenly on both sides. Arrange shrimp so they are not touching in an ungreased 9×13 inch baking dish. Drizzle the shrimp with the melted butter.
- Place the baking dish onto the center rack of the oven and bake at 475 degrees for 10 minutes or until the shrimp are fully cooked. Remove from the oven and serve with lemon wedges.