It’s officially summer and that means strawberries are in season. With fresh strawberries come numerous ideas for delicious desserts. One classic dessert recipe with fresh strawberries is strawberry shortcakes. Normally when I make these I just buy angel food cake but this time I decided to try making my own. I actually got this recipe off of the back of a Bisquick box. With that said, it’s no surprise this recipe calls for original Bisquick mix. If you want to make your own strawberry shortcakes give this a try. Enjoy.
Prep time: 20 minutes Cook time: 15 minutes
Yield: (6 Servings)
- 4 cup fresh strawberries (sliced)
- A ¼ cup of sugar
- 2 ½ cups Original Bisquick mix
- ½ cup milk
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter (melted)
- whipped cream (such as a cool whip or Reddi Wip)
- Pre-heat the oven to 425 degrees. In a large bowl mix the strawberries and a ¼ cup of sugar. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl stir together Bisquick mix, milk, 3 tablespoons sugar, and butter until a soft dough forms.
- Drop by the spoonfuls onto a cookie sheet. Place into the oven and bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove from the oven. Split warm shortcakes. Fill and top with whipped cream and strawberries.