The chicken quesadillas are one of my favorite items to order off the menu at Taco Bell. This is a copycat recipe for taco bell quesadillas. These quesadillas are topped with cheese, chicken, and a spicy sauce. The spicy sauce is really what makes this recipe great. The sauce is mayonnaise based and gets a lot of its flavor from ingredients such as jalapeno pepper, cayenne pepper and cumin. If you do not like spicy foods, you can cut down on the amount of jalapenos pepper and jalapeno pepper juice in this recipe—you could also leave the cayenne pepper out or reduce the amount. If you want to save time, you could buy packages of pre-cooked sliced chicken and heat it in the microwave instead of cooking your own. If you are looking to create Taco Bell quesadillas at home, this recipe is perfect for you. Enjoy.
(Makes 4 Servings)Print
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons minced jalapeno slices (from jarred jalapenos)
- 2 teaspoons jalapeno juice (from jarred jalapenos)
- ¾ teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 dash salt
- 4 flour tortillas
- 4 chicken tenderloins
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded Monterey jack cheese
- 2 slices processed American cheese
- butter (for spreading)
- In a medium bowl whisk together mayonnaise, minced jalapeno, jalapeno juice, sugar, cumin, paprika, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, and salt. Set aside.
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken tenderloins and cook, turning at least once, until fully cooked (the internal temperature has reached 165 degrees). Remove from the pan and cut into slices (You can also grill or bake the chicken if you would prefer).
- Preheat another large skillet over medium heat. Butter one side of a tortilla. Lay tortilla butter side down and sprinkle with a ¼ cup of cheddar cheese and a ¼ cup of Monterey Jack and a ½ slice of American cheese onto one side of the tortilla. Arrange about a ¼ cup of the chicken slices over the same half covered with cheese. On the empty side spread about 1 tablespoon of the sauce.
- Once the tortilla is browned on the bottom and the cheese has melted, fold the half of the tortilla with the sauce over the half with the cheese and press gently with a spatula. Cut into 3 slices and serve. Repeat with remaining tortillas.