Whenever I am looking for a simple and easy dinner to prepare it seems as though I can always look to a grilled cheese sandwich. This recipe for turkey grilled cheese is both extremely easy to make and extremely delicious. This grilled cheese is loaded with shaved deli roast turkey, mozzarella cheese, bacon, and a ranch dressing spread. The ranch dressing spread is just a combination of mayonnaise and prepared ranch dressing and it really helps to give the sandwich its delicious flavor. If you want to save time you can use pre-cooked bacon and heat it in the microwave. You can also use cheddar cheese in place of the mozzarella if you would prefer. I like to serve this turkey grilled cheese sandwich with kettle chips. Enjoy.
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon ranch dressing
- 8 slices soft Italian bread
- 4 ounces shaved deli turkey
- 4 slices bacon (cooked until crispy and halved)
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- In a small bowl mix together the mayonnaise and ranch dressing. Spread the mixture onto one side of each slice of bread. Top each of the 4 bread slices with turkey, bacon, cheese, and the remaining bread slice (mayonnaise mixture side down). Spread butter on one side of each sandwich.
- Heat a large skillet to medium-low heat. Place sandwiches into the skillet butter side down. Spread butter on top of each sandwich.
- Cook over medium-low heat turning once for about 6-8 minutes or until the bottom is golden brown. Turn the sandwiches and cook for 5-6 minutes longer or until golden brown and the cheese has melted.